Saturday, October 6, 2018

Camera Shy


I haven't had internet at home for about five or six years now. Usually, I go to my local town library to use their computers. Above is the old Webster Public Library in Massachusetts, officially named the Chester C. Corbin Public Library. The building was in use just a bit less than one hundred years.

A little over a month ago, however, work was completed on a new library which miraculously fit on the same lot as the previous building, although it's roughly three times the size of the old one. The new library is the Gladys E. Kelly Public Library. (I have no idea why Mr. Corbin got the shaft, as it were.)


I was, not surprisingly, one of the first patrons to enter the new structure on September 4th. A reporter/photographer named Gus Steeves snapped a photo of me without my knowledge as I entered the building. Gus knows my name because, as it happens, he dated a close friend of mine several years ago!

I saw Gus on the inside of the library that day, but didn't know he'd taken my picture a few minutes earlier. Without my knowledge (or permission!), said picture of camera-shy me wound up on the front page of the Webster Times!






What's that you say? Oh, you can't see me? Well, let me give you a close-up!


There! Now, who says I never show photos of myself on my blog?

Thanks for your time.

23 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the comments on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grainy shot. Was he hunting Santa Claus? What?

    Well if a picture is worth a thousand words, one better make sure the grammar in those thousand are correct when said picture involves the grammar nazi haha

    That was kinda rude that he didn't even ask.

    And were you holding the door or just going in? Kinda funny if you were holding the door after your other post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny Pat about holding the door. We know how Silver feels about that..haha

      Delete
    2. Evidently, Gus figured I wouldn't mind a photo that didn't actually show my face... and he was right.

      Delete
  3. You and Bigfoot, huh? All the proof of your existence we have is a grainy shot taken from a great distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The library sure did go through a big transformation. Does it have a designated computer room?

    and there we have it folks a photo...on the front page without permission. So much, for staying out of the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they built a whole new library. They used to have four computers four adults and teenagers combined. They now have twelve computers, with separate computer areas for children, teenagers, and adults. No more being stuck with teens playing video games and talking to each other like they're all in their own living room.

      Delete
    2. I do love libraries, they have so much character.

      Delete
  5. Of course it's you.....dressed all in black! That's great...the newspaper AND the new library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new place is gorgeous. So big that sound travels and echoes, though!

      Delete
  6. Wait....isn't that David M. Lynch?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't expect the average person to get the middle initial correctly. Ha.

      Delete
  7. I love this! You're still as mysterious as ever. And if you're going to have a covert photo taken, at least it's somewhere really cool like a library. It does have that grainy Bigfoot/Loch Ness feel to it . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next to my apartment, I probably spend more time at the library than anywhere else, so it's fairly appropriate.

      Delete
  8. truly an amazing phenomenon - David caught on film! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it. I'd love to know who "Unknown" is.

      Delete
  9. Love this pic haha . I know you hate pictures, you look well (or all I can see haha)
    I almost lost this post lol lol
    Love libraries !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be some photos of me on my upcoming birthday post, Gloria!

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...