Friday, July 12, 2013

Briefly...


Don't worry, folks, I'm not going to disappear for another few months again!

However...

During the past week -- well, Thursday July 4th through Tuesday July 9th, technically -- I had a kidney stone. If you've never had one, you're lucky. Over the years (I've had them before) two female nurses have told me that the pain from kidney stones is roughly akin to labor pains. So that's roughly how I've felt, off and on, during the past week.

That unwanted little visitor left me on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday evening, another one showed up! (It hasn't left yet.)

All this means to you is that I haven't had much time for blogging or even thinking about blogging.

But it's only temporary. No, really.

Thanks for your time.

13 comments:

  1. Due to your choice of photos I'm suddenly sorry I decided to read blogs while I ate my lunch. :)

    Sorry about the kidney stones, and labor-like pains--yucky!!!!!! Praying for a swift recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, that photo was pretty tame, considering what I found on the 'net.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm sure--I've discovered googling rashes (my 1 year old has eczema) is a BAD idea. :)

      Delete
  2. OMY this picture :) bbrrrr....
    Hope you feel well son:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you. The photo is really yucky, and you know medical stuff usually doesn't bother me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my total sympathy, David! I've also suffered through kidney stones. I have two words for you - cranberry juice. The stuff is like magic, both dissolving the stones and flushing the stuff out of your system. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha next you'll be showing zombie feet on your blog. Had enough pain to last me a life time. Hope i never get those. Cat had them though, $1500 vet bill. A guy told me if i ever get them take a few shots of olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried that, too. Olive oil may be great for cooking, but it tastes like melted crayons. (Don't ask how I know that.)

      Delete
  6. So..that photo...who has three kidneys? hahaha :)

    Cranberry juice and olive oil...both sound like they are worth trying! Feel better!

    If you ever have pass a stone the size of an infant's head, then I'll believe the pain analogy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the analogy would work better if the birth canal only stretched to the width of urethra.

      Loved the three kidney joke.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...