Thursday, January 5, 2017

No Resolutions, Please!


Well, fellow babies, we made it through that pile of crap that was better known as 2016! Additionally, no one that I admire has died in the past few days. "Yay" to that.

So what's in store for 2017? Good question. I only know what my intentions are for this blog.

First of all, I should let y'all know that I've recently been considering dropping this blog altogether. Ideas just haven't been coming lately (with the exception of a month of creativity during last April's A-Z Challenge). So, although I note at the top of this blog that "It's Not Just About Comic Books and Dead Celebrities," during 2016, it pretty much was!

During 2017, I'll try to come up with some original stuff. If I fail at that, this blog probably won't make it to 2018. No, really. Let someone else chronicle the deaths of the well-known. My blog was never meant to list every last one of them anyway. After all, last year's entries left out (among others) such notables as David Bowie, Prince, Florence Henderson, and the one I most regret omitting, Alan Rickman. (I guess that last one was such a shock I was too stunned to give it a timely mention.)

So, no promises about what's to come. I'd probably only break them anyway. (Hell, I've done it before...) Let's just hope we're all still here by the end of 2017. ("All" means me, my readers, and... Oh, hell, ALL of us. No telling if this planet's even going to be here in a year, right?)

On that cheerful note... Thanks for your time.

16 comments:

  1. Be a crazy rhyming nut, you'll never get in a rut lol

    Yeah, who knows if we'll be alive by the end of the year, but hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're having an attack of the winter blues, David! Sure I'll see you during a happier 2017!!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to some creativeness coming back to your writing! And a better 2017 all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your title? Ooops....sorry...already did. But then you knew that about me. ;)

      Delete
  4. Never make resolutions for New Year.
    I prefer wait what news coming with the new year !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never make resolutions either. Take it as it comes. Last year was horrible in terms of childhood icons passing, but good otherwise.

    Let's hope we and the blogs are here end 2017. That's resolute enough for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resolutions in my opinion are stupid. If one needs a resolution to accomplish something, it just means they feel like they are doom to failure anyway. Or at least that is how I see it! Wishing you a happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropping this blog altogether? Don't do it. We need to keep talking about comics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the Batman Knightfall hardcover omnibus... Somehow Dc is never in a hurry to offer the good stuff. Just saying. ;)

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...