Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Feel Free to Use This...


There are three little goals I have every year, starting in October and ending in December.

1. I try to make it through the Halloween "season" without hearing "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett. I like the song, but after 50+ years, I'm sick of it.

2. I try to get through the Christmas season without hearing "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." The first half-dozen times or so that I heard it, those long years ago, it was cute. Now, not so much.

3. I try to get through the last few weeks of the year without having anyone say "See you next year!" to me. That one's really annoying.

Needless to say, every year my "survival rate" for all three sucks, because I have such little control over each.

However, this year, I came up with a handy-dandy reply to #3, one which I give you permission to use:

"Not if I kill you, now."

As I said, feel free to quote me... if you tell people where you heard it.

Thanks for your time.




10 comments:

  1. lol that will detract people from saying that, but then they've already said it and made #3 fail. So at least your retort will give you a little satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The satisfaction comes from the odd look they give you once you've said it.

      By the way, you were commenting on my post while I was commenting on yours.

      Delete
  2. I've successfully avoided the first two for years now because I don't listen to the radio, and if I see a link to them in a blog or Facebook I refuse to click on it. As for the last one, I'm one of the offenders. Hey, it's just too easy! Heh, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought that Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer was cute. I am your superior.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been hearing any black helicopters circling overhead? If not, you soon will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard the Grandma song and thought it kind of creepy to have a death song but it is country. Oh and thanks for that song now running in my head. I still don't mind Monster Mash. I have said to others with the "See you next Year"..."Yes, maybe lurking outside your window" and then I laugh...that leaves them creeped out as I start singing the Grandma song

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Yes, maybe lurking outside your window." Ooh, I like that!

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...