Saturday, December 19, 2009

David'Z RantZ -- Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em

According to a recent article in The New York Times which I finally got around to reading -- I "subscribe" via email to three sources of national and international headlines per day, but have been so effin' busy lately that I've got over 200 still unread! -- the FDA has banned "flavored" cigarettes. This was done in order to discourage the Precious Youth of America from taking up smoking.

This reminds me of something I've wondered about for years, ever since the PC "Nazis" and other people worried about "The Children!" started shoving their opinions down our throats in the form of laws or other bits of nay-saying designed to protect the impressionable young minds in our otherwise-perfect country (*ahem*):

Why the f**k do they still make candy cigarettes and bubblegum cigars?

I'm not saying whether I think they should or shouldn't...

I'm just askin'.

Thanks for your time... Now, anyone have a light?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know they still make the candie cigs and stogies. You can't have Camel Joe but candy smokes are okay. Hmmmm...

    I think I have a firestick match and licorice lighter here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these as a kid in the 80s, possibly the last time I saw these. Even then I disliked smoking so much that I was repulsed by these candy imitations and was shocked at how many kids found it fun. Not to mention how horrible tasting the candy was with the paper stuck to it.

    Sure - PC-ness has gone way too far in making sure no one does anything remotely un-PC. Therefore I plan on watching Blazing Saddles sometime today to rebuke the PC-ness away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the small thumbnail photo on my blogroll I thought they were for real. There are few finer things in life than a good cigar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bubblegum cigars taste pretty good, but the chalky ciggies are pretty bland. Amusing & better than the real thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...