Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fifty Questions, Part Four


Howdy, fellow babies! Here I am with the penultimate offering in my "Fifty Questions" series!

31. Last book you read?

When I Was a Slave: Memoirs from the Slave Narrative Collection -- Norman R. Yetman (Editor)

An exceptionally poignant quote from the book, here... Delicia Patterson, a former slave, was 92 years old when interviewed in 1937. She was quoted as saying "I think the time will soon be when people won't be looked on as regards to whether you are black or white, but all on the same equality. I may not live to see it but it is on the way. Many don't believe it, but I know it." Well, things have improved, but we're still waiting.
 
32. Book you are currently reading?


33. Last show you watched?

Person of Interest.

34. Last person you talked to?


As of this writing? (Things will have changed by the time this sees publication!) The librarian who gave me extra time on the library computer.

35. The relationship between you and the person you just texted?


Jenni. I call her my "daughter." In reality, she's like a daughter to me. I was engaged to her mom for several years while she was growing up, and helped to raise her.

36. Favorite food?

Four-way tie: Fried oysters, boneless Chinese spareribs (very well done), McDonald's Filet-o-Fish, boneless buffalo wings.
 
37. Place you want to visit?

Ireland.

38. Last place you were?


The library in Webster, Massachusetts.

39.  Do you have a crush?


Not nowadays. When I was younger, I had celebrity crushes now and then. My very first celebrity crush was an actress named Noelle Adam, and my first "real-world" crush was with an older girl -- she must have been nine or ten years old, when I was around six -- named Crystal.

40. Last time you kissed someone?


Damn, that's been weeks, anyway...  What a depressing note on which to end.

One chapter left, fellow babies. Hope you haven't been too bored.

Thanks for your time.

21 comments:

  1. This has been fun, lots to learn about you! hehehe! I'm a huge fan of Person of Interest so that's a cool photo..... and your answers have been interestingly hilarious and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. So glad someone likes this series. A lot of my regular commenters have been MIA throughout it. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Person of Interest is a great show. Wow, you sure wanted the older girls at a young age haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Now I like them slightly younger, usually.

      Delete
  4. I have the book Sin in Soft Focus-it is quite a good book and gives an idea how wild things were in the '20's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ireland - it's very green. :) Was in Dublin not all THAT long ago. Seemed old. Poor. But I was sick so my view may have been tainted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where your regulars have gone. Your answers have been fun and interesting. I reviewed When I Was A Slave. I don't know if you saw my review, but I agree that we're still waiting. When criticism of President Obama is clothed in traditional racist images and words, it breaks my heart.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean. And I ordered my copy from Amazon right after reading your review.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad I led you to the book.

      Delete
  7. These are fun! Just got caught up with your answers so far, you had me laughing out loud a few times!

    Oh, I'd like to go to Ireland also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've liked the series. And if I ever make it to Ireland, maybe you can tag along. Ha.

      Delete
  8. You have to go to the library to access the computer? Or do you just access it while you're at the library?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a computer, but no internet access at home. I do have internet on my phone, but that's only good for so much.

      I could pay for DSL, as that would be fast enough for my purposes... but they 'd insist on my having a land-line telephone. I'm not going to pay $60-70 a month for $20 worth of internet.

      Neither will I pay the cable company's high "lowest" price for speed I don't need. Besdies, my sister has their service, and it sure doesn't seem to be as fast as they claim.

      Delete
  9. Fascinating. Read this and then had to go back and read the previous three. Still you are an enigma wrapped up in a paradox

    ReplyDelete
  10. From the books you listed, it would seem that you are trying to impress people. Keep trying. (Okay, if you insist, LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impress, me? Heh. Nope, those weren't lies, I just read both of those books, Both very different from the other, but both very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Person of Interest - I watch that one..good taste in shows Mr. Silver Fox..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it at a friend's house. I don't watch TV at home.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...