Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Separated at Birth?



A couple of weeks ago, I was binge-watching the entirety of the mid-1970s Ellery Queen TV show, which I own on DVD. (The series is highly recommended and available here.)

Anyway, one episode guest-starred Vincent Price. A different episode guest-starred Eve Arden.

Now, although the title of this post is "Separated at Birth?" I don't intend to suggest that Mr. Price and Ms. Arden look alike... but they sure do act alike! It's uncanny. Watching one after watching the other, you can't help but be struck by the similarities.

It's almost as if ol' Vinnie had dressed up in drag -- and it wouldn't be the first time, ya know? -- to play Eve's role!


Thanks for your time.

14 comments:

  1. Too funny! I have never seen an Ellery Queen episode but I have heard of this show. I love both of these great stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bigger Price fan than I am of Ms. Arden, but the similarity struck me as funny. Both have a flamboyant, slightly over-the-top delivery.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you do catch two who act alike indeed. Seen a few actors who have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Ellery Queen, vaguely. Eve Arden and Vincent Price, huh? Maybe they attended the same acting school.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Vincent Price in drag is a truly horrifying thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what delightful fun this was!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an odd pairing! vincent price is so unique, i'm very surprised eve arden emulated him - will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have noticed the odd similarity if the episodes hadn't been so close together.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...