Monday, November 10, 2014

Fifty Questions, Part One


I've been issued a challenge! Janie Junebug, of the WOMEN: WE SHALL OVERCOME blog, recently answered 50 -- count 'em, 50 -- nosy questions, which Janie referred to as "The Spanish Inquisition." The questions were sent to Janie by andi filante (who called them "50 freakin' questions") of the delusions of ingenuity blog, and Janie passed them to me.

I'm going to steal an idea from Janie and split these fifty questions and answers into multiple posts -- five, to be exact -- to spare you fellow babies from a really lonnng post! You're welcome.

Oh, and one friendly warning. Some of these questions are very personal, and to paraphrase Tina Turner, I nevah, evah do nothin' very personal -- not on my blog, certainly -- so whenever a really serious, in-depth question arises... I'll probably lie.

Okay, here goes nothing...

1. What are you wearing? 

Black, of course. Okay, truth be told, black jeans, black socks, a black t-shirt and a navy blue button-down shirt, for that unexpected splash of color. *ahem*

2. Ever been in love?

Of course. When I was seventeen, I had a brief fling with a circus acrobat named Talia. She taught me something called The Heimlicker Maneuver (sic) and I fell in love with it... and her, by extension.

3. Ever have a terrible break-up?

Does a restraining order count? (Oh. Sorry. That "answering a question with a question" is an Irish thing.)

4. How tall are you?

5'6"

5. How much do you weigh?

Now, you see? That's precisely the kind of question I don't intend to answer. Heh.

6. Any tattoos?

No... but if I were ever to get one, I know what it would be. The tattoo would be of a scorpion, with a baby dragon sleeping in the curve of the scorpion's tail. The baby dragon would be sleeping with one eye open.

7. Any piercings?

No. I've pierced a few other people, but only during physical altercations.

8. OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?)

It's a tie. Hermie and Dorothy, from Summer of '42 (the book) and Summer of '42 (the movie), and Rick and Ilsa from Casablanca. (I was going to put Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but you didn't mean that kind of couple, did you?)

9. Favorite Show?

Modern? Breaking Bad.

10. Favorite Bands?

Oh, I get more than one? Good. (Let's go totally crazy and include solo artists, too!) These are from my Blogger profile: The Doors, The (early) Beatles, Roy Orbison, Gene Pitney, Herman's Hermits, The Guess Who, (early) Led Zeppelin, Oingo Boingo, U-2, Barbara Lewis, Ray Charles, Wynonie Harris, Lesley Gore, Graham Nash, The Beach Boys, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Billie Holiday, Willie Dixon, Jay and the Americans (but ONLY IF the "Jay" is Jay Black or Jay Traynor), Muddy Waters, Jim Croce, Queen, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Joe South, Bad Company, Hoodoo Gurus, John Denver, Big Daddy, Redd Kross, Shonen Knife, Velvet Mafia, Dan Fogelberg, and Pink Floyd.

That's it for today, fellow babies. I'll have Part Two ready for ya in a few days... after a brief, totally strange post.

Thanks for your time.

18 comments:

  1. 50 questions! That is allot. No Herve Villechaize as a tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Rick and Ilsa. Good choice. Navy blue with black? I think you need a stylist.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck? I've seen a lot of these, but never one that asks your weight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! We are the same height. I always knew we would see eye-to-eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to a great start. Good to know we both have Irish roots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's close to 50%. I'm 50% Lithuanian on my mom's side.

      Delete
    2. So you are 50% Irish??
      Why Im not surprise??
      Lol

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry, my shut down while thinking of the Heimlicker Maneuver, and I missed everything after that. I'll endeavor to persevere until the end again later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmph never saw part one, dumb blog reader missed it. You, lie? Never lol Breaking Bad is sure a good one, besides that god awful fly episode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm..interesting post you know a tattoo says a lot about a man..and what you would pick is very symbolic..just saying..I have a bit of Irish in me as well like 50% my dad's side and who doesn't like wearing black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Irish is on my dad's side as well.

      Dare I ask... What does my tattoo choice say about me?

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...