Friday, November 21, 2014

Fifty Questions, Part Five


Here we go, folks! The last installment of Fifty Questions!

41. Last time you were insulted?

Wow, it's been years since I've really been insulted, unless you count instances where someone insulted my intelligence by their actions or words.

Occasionally, I've been misjudged, certainly, and there was one rather immature idiot who began referring to me as "Davey" because she knew I didn't like it, and thought it would anger me.

(She failed miserably, by the way. Heh.)
 

42. Favorite flavor of sweet?

Not really much for sweets in general, which is good because I'm diabetic. I used to like Hershey's Cookies'n'Creme candy bar, though, not to mention several different brands that existed when I was a child. No, wait. If I'm going to mention candies I liked as a kid, I'd probably say Zero! (See photo at top.)

43. What instruments do you play?

I've been the lead singer in a handful of rock'n'roll bands. So I guess my instrument would be what, throat? Sounds rather suggestive...
 
44. Favorite piece of jewelry?

I rarely if ever wear jewelry. I'd have to say a pocket watch that belonged to my great-grandfather (IIRC). I never carry it, it's packed away safely.

45. Last sport you played?

Probably baseball. And it would have been many years ago. I don't particularly like sports.
 
Not bad. This picture sleeve features a barely-recognizable
photo of Paul, and it mis-labels "If I Fell" as "If I Feel!"

46. Last song you sang?

That's a tough one. My favorite radio station plays a huge variety of songs from the 1950s through the 1970s. (Unfortunately, it's hard to get good reception if you're outside of their parking lot.) I sing along with some of the stuff they play, so I'm going to say it was "I Should Have Known Better" by the Beatles!

47. Favorite chat up line?

("Chat-up?" Did this survey originate in Great Britain?)  In the USA, that's a "pick-up line," and I don't like them, don't believe in them, and never use them.

48. Have you ever used it?

As a great man once said, "I don't like them, don't believe in them, and never use them. "
 
49.  Last time you hung out with anyone?

That would be my best friend, John.

50. Who should answer these questions next?

Ah, there's a loaded question. I don't want to turn this into any more of a chain-letter thing than it is already, so how about if I do not pass the baton any further?

Thanks for your time.

30 comments:

  1. What is a chat up line? I'll have to Google that! I know now not to call you Davey! Hehehe! My high school sweetheart- almost hubby #1 until we moved a zillion miles away was/hopefully still is named David, some called him Dave, but never, ever, in his life Davey, not even by his Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chat-up line is a pick-up line. They're usually pretty lame. "Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?" "Are you a campfire? Because you’re hot and I want s’more." "I don't have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?: Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pick up lines are...not so good. I once was asked what my sign was and I said "Exit". Needless to say i was not picked up. It was nice reading more about you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most pick-up lines are "not so good." Good answer, by the way.

      Delete
  4. That Beatles sleeve is fascinating. Is that something you've kept since your long-ago childhood, or did you find it in an antique store or at a flea market? Did it come with an album? If so, which one?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Sorry to mislead you.I got the photo of the Beatles record & sleeve from the internet. I don't actually own it.

      Delete
  5. Oh how I loved Zero bars in years long past, and I dearly love pocket watches. Wow, were you really just a singer in a rock and roll band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was, several years after the Moody Blues came out with that song.

      Delete
  6. Would you believe I've never tried the Hershey's cookies and cream candy bar? It sounds good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. but the real question is, silver fox, that if you DON'T gift these questions to someone... will someone explode elsewhere? Think of THAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do it this way: If YOU would like to answer them, I'll look forward to seeing your post(s)!

      Delete
  8. I also have issues with being called "Davey." Good grief, we have a lot in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never did know who is the Silver Fox ..... now, thanks to this and to Pat, I know.
    Howdy.
    Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it turns out, I was an early reader of Pat's blog. Maybe as early as the third person!

      Delete
    2. Brian and Betsy and You were the three first at my zoo

      Delete
  10. I have to say this was very interesting to read..I never heard of pick up lines called chat up lines..interesting..people need to just keep it real no lines is the best way to go..but, what do I know..anyway, nice to meet you Silver Fox I have seen you had Pat's place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chat-up line... Never heard of such a thing. Funny those little differences between British and American. So your throat's an instrument. Really? ;)

    Misjudged is my middle name.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the lead singer in a handful of rock'n'roll bands, yes. Two that actually made it "out of the cellar!"

      Delete
  12. Hmph, dumb blogroll ignored you again and post didn't show.

    Never heard it called chat up line before, sounds weird. Yeah, they never usually work anyway, so why bother using them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of blogs that my blogroll doesn't always update right away, too. Another Google/Blogger glitch.

      Delete
  13. Um, Davey, I love that line--did it hurt when you fell from heaven. And yes, it did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the answers. I also am diabetic and have not had a cookies and cream bar in forever. I miss those and chocolate covered cherries.

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...