Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Green Chicken?!? ~~ A "Comical Wednesday" Post


Sorry, fellow babies! It's been a very hectic  week for me, and I just haven't had the time to finish writing Part Two of my series on Terrificon 2018. I'll have it done soon, I promise!

Today I'm just going to reprint the above cover to DC's Green Lantern #76 (April 1970), which began a run of incredible and influential stories by Denny O'Neil (writer) and Neal Adams (artist). That cover is considered to be a classic cover, and has been used as the model for at least three "tribute" covers.

Here are two of them:


This tribute to Neal Adams was drawn by... Neal Adams. (No, really.  But it wasn't his idea!)

And to those we add the following illustration, which relates to my recent post about Kentucky Fried Chicken!


Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ COMING SOON! (Watch for it!) A Re-Posting of One of the Best (and Longest) Stories I Ever Posted on This Blog!

15 comments:

  1. So that's what KFC means by their secret recipe.
    Fun stuff, Silver.
    May November be treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the repeats, easy to do. So KFC is outta this world? Aliens can keep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it better in the '70s. That's why I collect stuff from that period.

      Delete
  3. haha to the KFC comic and I noticed it cost a mere 0 cents. Would that be extra crispy? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I'd have to eat the comic.

      Delete
    2. Well, please don’t eat the comic. I just thought that light might cook the chicken a bit more. I know a warped sense of humor.
      Forgive me.

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I can't actually eat the comic. I don't own it. I found the illustration online.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm dying at the KFC one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone had a really sick mind... The kind that resembles my own.

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's perfect. All the sickest minds are.

      Delete
  5. So now I'm wondering... is there a Blue Lantern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-huh. There are SEVEN colors, powered by different emotions, PLUS Black and White. Here's something I swiped and edited from the internet:

      Green= Will, Powers the Green Lantern Corps

      Yellow= Fear, Powers the Sinestro Corps

      Blue= Hope, Powers the Blue Lantern Corps

      Red= Rage, Powers the Red Lantern Corps

      Orange= Greed, powers The Orange Lantern Larfleeze

      Indigo= Compassion, Powers The Indigo Tribe

      Violet= Love, Powers The Star Sapphires

      The absence of all color is Black, which is the color of death and powers the Black Lanterns

      The combination of all colors is White, which is the color of life and powers the White Lanterns.


      I am not sorry I no longer read the new stuff.

      Delete
  6. Ooh! Ooh! Is the upcoming repeat of your longest post going to be the Insect Man post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my readers would come looking for me if I tried re-running a series that's that long, Paul!

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...