Friday, November 17, 2017

Hard to Beliebe...


Yes, that's Justin Bieber, believe it or not, pictured at the top of my blog! (Well, that's him in 2011, anyway...)  Yep, I'm writing a post about him, the guy who told an interviewer that YouTube was "detrimental" to his career, when the word he was looking for was obviously "instrumental."

And you thought my Britney Spears post from 2014 was bad enough!

You're probably wondering what that thing is on Justin's left (our right). Is it the neck of an unstrung guitar, perhaps?

Uhhh, no. Actually, it's a toothbrush. A "singing toothbrush," no less.


I was in a local "dollar store" the other night, and saw a display of officially-licensed Justin Bieber toothbrushes manufactured in 2011!

These little items play segments of not one, but two different Bieber songs ("Somebody to Love" and "Love Me," if you really care)! The idea, see, is to push one of the appropriate buttons on the toothbrush handle, and the song segment will play for a full two minutes, the time recommended for you to properly brush your teeth!

The manufacturer, Brush Buddies -- who feature a lot of licensed items on their website, everything from Thomas the Tank Engine to Lady GaGa -- even includes a sheet of instructions for the damned thing!


And at the very bottom of that precious piece of paper is the following:


If you type that first URL, www.justinbiebertoothbrush.com, in the address bar of your browser, you'll be redirected and wind up on Amazon.com, where they're offering the toothbrush I paid $1.06 for, at $9.99 plus shipping! (Yes, fellow babies, I actually bought one, just so I could write a blog post about it. I spare no expense to give my readers the valuable information they need to get through their day.)

This is almost as tacky as the Easter basket I wrote about back in March of last year.

Oh, and about today's title, "Hard to Beliebe..."? You do know that dedicated Justin Bieber fans are known as "Beliebers," don't you?

Hey, it was eiber... I mean, either... that or my alternate title, "Leave It to Bieber."

Thanks for your time.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure go all our for your readers. Hopefully you don't start to gag when the songs play as you brush along lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhh... You don't really think I'm gonna use the damned thing, do you? Ha.

      Delete
  2. Really I never liked Justin Bieber and before.. you say Im old my daugther hate this guy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wouldn't call you old! And a lot of people hate this guy. no matter what their ages!

      Delete
  3. Um, a singing toothbrush. And at last two all minutes. Hmmm. Being the ever conscientious grandmother that I am, I think any way to get my grandkids to brush for two full minutes is brilliant. And at only a dollar, I can even afford it. :-)
    But there are lots of dollar stores. Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc.
    Could you be so kind as to let me know which one you made this wonderful purchase at?
    And no, I am not buying one for myself. Not unless they come out with one singing and Elvis tune. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was purchased at Dollar Tree. The only reason I didn't name the store because I have readers in Canada, the U.K., Chile, and other countries, and figured they might not necessarily have that store where they live.

      I wish I could tell you that they sell an Elvis toothbrush on the Brush Buddies website, but no such luck. And if they did have an Elvis toothbrush, I'd buy one, too!

      And speaking of Elvis, Deb, did you get to see this post?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for making me laugh! No, I know nothing about the boy - I didn't even recognise him. But then, I'm too old to be a "Belieber".

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Are you old enough to recall that great tune by The Monkees, "I'm a Belieber?" Heh.

      Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  5. So tacky it's a delight. You've made a Belieber out of me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - Well, if I could have a custom made one with my favorite artist that would be fun. I could brush to the tune of a new day, but Bieber no way. I guess they did anything to promote him back then. I wonder how many they actually sold?

    Have a good day Silver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? Maybe six years ago they were really popular? I wouldn't know, because (as you may have guessed by the tone of my post) I was never a fan of his.

      Delete
    2. I never understood the hype that surrounded him and I too am no fan.

      Delete
  7. Maybe Bieber was exhausted when he used the wrong word. Sometimes when I am really tired I'll say a word that is all wrong. Hang on to that toothbrush, as it may be a collector's item one day. Actually not a bad way to make sure one brushes long enough. Could you get one with Chopin? Or Gary Stewart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact the people at Brush Buddies and ask them if they plan to license either. Ha.

      Delete
  8. Eek! Not a Belieber here.

    But have to commend your dedication to your readers, salut! The lengths you go to!

    Is there an option to switch off the music? Otherwise...am just a bit concerned...overexposure to Bieber might be detrimental to dental and/or mental health...or do I mean instrumental..not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually have to push the appropriate button for the music to play. If you're brave enough...

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...