Saturday, May 26, 2018

Pome #3: "I've Never Known" (Reprinted from 8/24/12, Edited Where Necessary)


Hey, fellow babies! Here's something really different for Yours Truly! It's a straightforward love poem -- although some have said that it reads more like a song -- that I wrote quite a while back. Yeah. Me. A love poem. Call the Believe It or Not! people.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ HEY, FELLOW BABIES! There's a brand-new glitch in Blogger which dozens of Blogger-bloggers have complained about in Google's HELP Forum. When someone leaves a comment, the blog's author no longer receives an email informing them that someone has commented. There are multiple threads in the Blogger Help Forum, but only ONE answer from an actual Google person... and what she suggested didn't work. Hopefully it'll be straightened out soon. Several Blogger-bloggers are threatening to move to WordPress. 

*  *  *  *  *

I've Never Known...

I have loved several times in my lifetime,
But I never have found lasting bliss.
But this time, I do think, is the right time,
For I've never known love quite like this.

I just cannot escape what I'm feeling,
And I think about you all day long,
But the thoughts are all very appealing,
And I've never known love quite so strong.

In the night, with my thoughts of you, dearest,
Hey, who knows, I might grin in my sleep!
You're the person I want to have nearest,
For I've never known love quite so deep!

It is almost a kind of addiction.
I will stay with you. Oh, yes, I'm sure!
Or I wouldn't dare make that prediction.
Girl, I've never known love quite so pure.

I'll admit I've been goo goo and sappy,
But I swear that the way that I feel
Makes me babble because I'm so happy!
And I've never known love quite so real.

All your traits are incomparable, baby.
Yes, you're talented, clever, and kind.
You just dazzle me, and there's no "maybe!"
Dear, I've never known love quite so fine.

I had never expected to find you,
This love hit me from out of the blue,
May your love for me forever bind you.
I've just never known love quite so true.

Oh, my heart and my soul are on fire.
There's no holding it back; out it pours
As the fever burns higher and higher.
I have never known love quite like yours.

24 comments:

  1. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. I guess the lover could be in a witch's pot and getting hotter haha

    Sure quite the love and great flow. Another fine one you gave a go. But one thing had my tongue stuck. Shouldn't it be "that's the way that I feel"...I'll duck. Don't want the grammar nazi after me. That sure that at our sea. lol had to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. No, there was no mistake, Pat. Check out the exact sentence, as defined by the punctuation: "I'll admit I've been goo goo and sappy, [b]ut I swear that the way that I feel [m]akes me babble because I'm so happy!" The singer is saying that, because he's so happy, that very feeling of being so happy makes him "goo goo" and "sappy," and causes him to babble.

      Delete
    2. I heard The Cat say SHOE so I had to stop by. Yes, women can get you addicted. When you're hooked, it hard to think of anything else. One woman can do that to you.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, and that's only a good thing when the love is returned, and lasts. Otherwise... not so much.

      Delete
    4. Ahh, score one for you. The cat loses at his zoo haha

      Yep, when not returned and lasts, best to hit the road.

      Delete
    5. It can be sad for all concerned.

      Delete
  2. Well, this one was my favorite, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, you were already reading my blog for about four years when I posted this one.

      Delete
    2. Yes, but that's not why I liked it.

      Delete
    3. I know. I was just pointing out that you'd seen it before.

      Delete
  3. You are on a poetic roll! and the beat does sound like it would make a neat song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nila. There's at least one more to follow, on Wednesday.

      Delete
  4. That's a pome I could have written to Faulkner.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Silver,

    Pome number #3 is beautiful! It speaks the language of love (sigh) some lady certainly captivated you!

    ‘This love hit me from out of the blue’
    ‘I’ve just never known love quite so true

    Insert

    Baby there will never be another like you
    I spend nights dreaming of what we will do

    I hope you don’t mind Silver the lyricist muse in me always wants to add or rearrange, she just won’t behave. Haha

    I hope you had a great memorial weekend!

    Seriously a wmderful song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And no, feel free to imagine your own take on anything I write. I often watch movies and think how I would have phrased or even how I would have spoken certain lines.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for understanding. I try to respect the creative work of others, I guess sometimes a piece inspires me.

      Delete
    3. Hopefully, you won her heart with your poetic words?

      Delete
    4. When I wrote it -- quite some time before I posted it, btw -- I already "had" her heart, y'might say. But the relationship ended, more's the pity.

      Delete
  6. HEY, FELLOW BABIES! There's a brand-new glitch in Blogger which dozens of Bloggers have complained about in Google's HELP Forum. When someone leaves a comment, the blog's author no longer receives an email informing them that someone has commented. Hopefully it'll be straightened out soon. Several Blogger-bloggers are threatening to move to WordPress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are multiple threads in the Blogger Help Forum, but only ONE answer from a Google person... and what she suggested didn't work.

      Delete
  7. What a hot poem! Makes me envious of its recipient.
    Very well done, Silver.

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...