Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Van Williams, 1934-2016, R.I.P.


Van Williams, best known for his portrayal of The Green Hornet in the 1967 TV series of the same name, has died at the age of eighty-two. Mr. Williams died on November 28 of renal failure.


Before playing that role, he was best known for his character Kenny Madison, who appeared on two separate series, ABC's Bourbon Street Beat and Surfside 6

The Green Hornet was produced due to the popularity of TV's Batman series. Williams, however, insisted that the show did not descend to the silliness level of Batman. The Green Hornet -- which introduced American audiences to actor and martial arts expert Bruce Lee -- was about as serious in tone as a show about a superhero could be.

 Batman and the Green Hornet appeared together in a two-part crossover.







Thanks for your time.

10 comments:

  1. Only thing I ever saw with the Green Hornet was that sad attempt at a movie remake. I knew who he and the actor was though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a big fan of the show as a ten-year-old, but I actually found the recent movie watchable.

      Delete
  2. Another man in a mask....be still my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cape on this one, though. And yeah, he was a good-looking guy...

      Delete
  3. I never really watched this show because they didn't offer it in reruns. Looking at him shirtless and in his tight jeans made my heart skip a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess he was a minor sex symbol in the early 1960s. Nothing sexy about him as the Green Hornet, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry but really I didnt know him :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. They haven't shown the Green Hornet series very much since the 1960s.

      Delete
  6. Always enjoy your eulogies. My grandma died recently and seeing these folks pass on reminds me of how short life is. I may not have the fame or reach of these stars, but I hope my life touches others like my grandma's did.

    And Thanks for stopping by and being kind on my Cradle Rock release tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. And thanks for your comment. I'm sure your life has touched many others, in ways that are not immediately apparent.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...