Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye and Good Riddance

What?

You thought I was talking to you, dear readers and fellow babies, when I said "Goodbye and Good Riddance?"

No, of course not!

I'm talking to 2016!

Let's face it, 2016 has really sucked in a number of ways. I can't help but hope that 2017 will be better. (But... I also know that such is not necessarily gonna be the case. In addition, I don't put too much importance on the changing of a silly calendar page.)

Nevertheless, I won't miss 2016, and I'm practically forced by circumstances to think that 2017 will be an improvement.

But one never knows...

(And let's hope we get through the next few hours without any celebrity deaths!)

Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ Happy New Year!

20 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been a year of deaths and we know more will be coming but let's hope not as severe as this past one. I know, for some people I cherish, it will be a year of changes which will not go smoothly but will, ultimately, be for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what you were referring too. You know what we think of the oh so "magic day" at our zoo. Pffft to it. But yeah, let's hope 2017 isn't ummm crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think this year could be so different but anyway
    Happy new year David !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I hope you're pleasantly surprised by 2017. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Let us see what 2017 brings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to that. All of it.

    Happy
    New
    Year!

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree, 2016 was pretty bad on a number of different levels. And... I not holding my breath in anticipation for what may come in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I think 2016 was pretty awful with all the shocks it delivered. I do hope we can look forward to a more peaceful 2017, although somehow I doubt it, but there's no point dwelling on things we have no control over. Happy New Year, David.

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2017 already has things to look forward to... or not...

      Delete
  9. May 2017 bring good things to you. It was sad to hear about the passing of Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher and George Michael over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...