Award drawn and "donated" by Skip Simpson,
based on a poster he found on the internet.Wow. I haven't done one of these since October of 2011!
First, here's the obligatory reminder as to what "The Silver Fox's THRUST HOME Award!" is all about:
Bloggers like to give each other awards. One of the drawbacks to these awards is that they're usually given with a set of conditions. Quite often, one of these conditions is that the awardee must first jump through a few select hoops, and then "pass on" the award to a pre-ordained number of other bloggers, which has the unfortunate effect of turning the award itself into more of an internet chain letter than a true honor.
In response to this, I created my own blasted award.
One of my all-time favorite stories is Edmond Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac. Cyrano often used the expression "Thrust home!" when fatally piercing an opponent during a sword fight. I've appropriated that phrase for... "The Silver Fox's THRUST HOME Award! -- Given to the Author of a Single Outstanding Blog Post."
And my rules for the award -- and the rules for its recipients -- are:
- This award will be given by me, and no one else, and generally to only one recipient at a time.
- I'll only give the award to those whose posts have truly "thrust home" with me, so even my best friends on the 'net might never get one.
- The award will usually go to a post of what I deem to be of general import and interest, but that may be fudged once in a while to reflect my own biases. (My award, my stupid rules. Deal with it.)
- There will be no set frequency for the giving of the award.
- Theoretically, a recipient of "The Silver Fox's THRUST HOME Award!" may win once, twice... or forty-seven times! This is an award for individual blog posts, not for blogs!
- Recipients would be asked to mention their receipt of said award on their own sites, along with a corresponding link to my own. And a little blurb on your sidebar -- feel free to copy and paste the graphic, of course! -- would be greatly appreciated.
- Winners are not allowed to give this award to others.
- Other than that, awardees are not asked to do anything else. You've already done it!
The latest recipient is (Clicking on the blog's bold-faced title will bring you to its latest post, while, as you've probably surmised, clicking on the italicized title of the "winning" post will bring you to that post itself.):
Bish Denham, "The Real America," August 21, 2017.
As Bish herself says at the beginning of her post, she doesn't use her blog to be political (as I also say on my own blog). But her article does briefly touch on a fact that I've seen reported elsewhere (including here) which is that since the USA's 2016 election, numerous people feel totally justified in showing themselves to be bigoted morons. ("Bigoted morons," by the way, are my words, and not Bish's.) Anyway, never mind what I have to say this time around. Just click on the above link and read Bish's award-winning post.
And thanks for your time.