Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Leonard Cohen, 1934-2016, R.I.P.


Those of you who know me well probably think it's odd that I should be posting about Leonard Cohen 's death a few days after the fact. After all, I usually post a tribute to a celebrity within twenty-four hours of when I hear of his or her passing.

Well, instead of my usual type of tribute, in Mr. Cohen's case, I'm going to do something different.  I used the lyrics to one of his songs in a four-parter I wrote during the early days of this blog. I'm going to republish that story starting tomorrow, continuing through Friday, Monday, and the following Wednesday. I hope you come here  for all of it.

And as far as Mr. Cohen? We can still count on hearing his great song, "Hallelujah," whenever movies or TV have a dramatic moment....

Thanks for your time.


10 comments:

  1. And then a couple of days after Leonard Cohen passed on, so did Leon Russell. All the musical heroes of my youth are dying this year; I'm starting to feel persecuted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a shame that so many greats have died this past year in the music industry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that song is in so many shows and movies it isn't funny. He sure touched many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently he said he wished that the people who keep including it in their movies and TV shows give it a rest! :)

      Delete
  4. Hallelujah...that song is pleasantly stuck in my mind...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love really loved Leonard Cohen. So many beautiful songs.Of course allelluyah but many beauty songs.

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...