Sunday, February 11, 2018

My First 10th Anniversary... Huh?!?

Today, February 11th, 2018, marks the tenth anniversary of my first blog on Blogger, David'Z RantZ. If you click on that link, the blog's still there, but when I stopped posting new entries on it, I re-named it The David'Z RantZ Archives.

If you're familiar with the occasional posts I do here on The Lair of the Silver Fox with the "David'Z RantZ" label, you have an idea of what most of the posts on my other blog were like.

This coming October 12th will mark the tenth anniversary of this blog, The Lair of the Silver Fox, and on that date I'll subject you to a more detailed tale about my blogging history.

But until then, I'll be relatively merciful to y'all.

Here (more or less) is the updated look at that old blog 's appearance:

This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!


Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh, They Mean Well, But...

First (Imaginary) Scenario: I'm with a friend at McDonald's -- or Wendy's, or Burger King -- and the girl at the counter is... not really rude, just rather indifferent. My friend and I proceed to our table.

Friend: Well, there you go.

Myself: There I go... what?

Friend: There's your next post.

Myself: How's that?

Friend: Your next blog post, your next rant! There you go!

Myself: What are you talking about?

Friend: That waitress, the rude one. There's your next rant.

Myself: She wasn't really rude.

Friend: Well, there's your next rant.

* * * * *

Second (Imaginary) Scenario: A friend and I drive through an area I haven't passed through in over thirty years.

Myself: Wow... I haven't been around here in ages. Maybe even since I was a kid! [pointing] See that store? I must have gone there dozens of times when I was a kid. I'm surprised it's still open.

Friend: You should write a blog post about it.

Myself: What?

Friend: You should write a post about it.

Myself: Nahh... Nothing there to really write about. It's just a random memory.

Friend: You should write a post about it.

* * * * *

Third (Imaginary) Scenario: I'm giving a friend a ride, helping her do a few errands.

Friend: They moved it again...

Myself: Moved what?

Friend: [Names favorite new TV program] They changed its night again. How's it supposed to build up an audience and keep from being canceled if they keep changing the night it's on?

Myself: [shrugs]

Friend: That should be your next rant.

Myself: [shrugs]

Friend: Are you listening to me?

Myself: Yes. I'm also trying to watch the road.

Friend: It should be your next rant.

Myself: [shrugs]

Friend: Well, don't you hate it when they do that?

Myself: When they do what?

Friend: See? You're not listening!

Myself: Yes, I was...

Friend: Don't you hate it when they keep changing the night a program's on, so it doesn't get a chance to build up an audience, and it gets canceled?

Myself: [almost shrugs again, but thinks better of it] Sometimes. It doesn't bother me that much.

Friend: It should be your next rant.

* * * * *

Okay, friends -- and by "friends," I mean just that, my real friends in my real life, rather than other bloggers -- here's the new deal:

I'll write 'em. You read 'em. But you know how I feel about unasked-for advice, right? If it doesn't click for me, I'm not going to write it.

So if you really want to see all these ideas of yours on the 'net... Git yer own blog.

Thanks for your time.

18 comments:

  1. 10 years is quite the haul indeed. haha so true, if they want it said, they should say it them damn selves. I've had some say you should blog about that. I've also had some say don't you dare blog about that. With the latter I do, just have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tend to be spiteful like that, too. Telling me -- ordering me, in effect -- not to do something often insures that I'll do it.

      Delete
  2. 10 years happy blogoversary to you! It will be 5 years for me this month. How many more will come I haven't a clue, as I am feeling sort of blue?

    Hey, sometimes one just has to rant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, some people only blog for a limited time. I've encountered blogs whose authors posted once, years ago, and never again. I always wonder why.

      Congratulations on your anniversary.

      And as far as needing to rant, obviously, I concur!

      Delete
  3. congrats ! I think this year I will 10 years too!!
    the time fly !
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I didn't know if a video link would work here, so just picture in your head all the firemen from The Flintstones, riding through the house on a piano, singing to Wilma . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhh, is that the one where they're singing "Happy Anniversary" to the tune of the "William Tell Overture?" I only ask because I'd only read as far as "I didn't know if a video link would work here" before that very tune (accompanied by no visual) popped into my head! Wherever that bit came from, I'm pretty sure I only saw it once, fifty years ago!

      Delete
    2. Exactly! You can probably find it easily on YouTube.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I still think it's kind of eerie that I thought of it before I'd actually read that part of your comment.

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine you not listening. Ten years.... How about that. Why doesn't time just walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time speeds by more quickly for us as we age. I've read that it's because, for example, a year represents 20% of a five-year-old's life, but only 2% of a fifty-year-old's life. That theory never sat well with me, though.

      Delete
    2. I'm familiar with that theory. All I know is that time flies and I need it to walk... at a leisurely pace. Is that asking too much?

      Here's a comic you may find intriguing: CLICK!

      Delete
    3. That Vision series looks very intriguing!

      Delete
  6. Happy 10th!!! Can you believe how time has flown??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten years is a respectable amount of time - congrats!! here's to the next ten.

    So in agreement with you on unasked for advice...pours out of everyone and comes at you from all sides, and when you are least expecting it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody seems to be an expert on everything, I've noticed.

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...