Thursday, July 27, 2017

A New "Short Shorts" Post


1. In my tribute post to the late John Heard, I forgot to mention that he had attended Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts in the late 1960s. "Who cares?" you may be thinking. Well, I do, mainly because Clark University is only about a twenty-minute drive from my home.

*  *  *  *  *


2. Sorry to hear about the passing of Barbara Sinatra, widow of Frank Sinatra. Frank was Barbara's third husband. Her second husband, pictured above, was Herbert Marx, better known as "Zeppo." Isn't it amazing how much the Marx Brothers resembled each other when they weren't wearing their famous outfits? Zeppo could almost pass for Groucho if you added a mustache.


Okay, fellow babies, which Marx brother is which?

*  *  *  *  *

3. Several of you readers are die-hard movie buffs, so I'm asking for your help! I have been trying to recall the name of an E.T. ripoff movie I saw several years ago. The film in question is emphatically NOT the notorious 1988 Mac and Me. The one I'm looking for the name of featured an alien (as I recall it, although it could have been Bigfoot, or a stray dog, or...!) and a young girl named Amy. Or perhaps that's "Amie," because the song "Amie" by Pure Prairie League appeared on the soundtrack in a scene where Amy/Amie was shown playing in the snow with the creature.

Nope, NOT this one!

*  *  *  *  *

Th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Thanks for your time.

8 comments:

  1. I guess one can give a crap if it is close by. Hmm, I was going to go for Mac and Me, but that would be too easy, Hmmmmm....Badi was the Turkish remake of it. Nukie was another one, awful in every way. There was Making Contact, but I don't think that is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was an alien because I remember thinking it was an E.T. ripoff when I saw it. But maybe I'm confused, because I did end up seeing the horrible Mac and Me eventually.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what the movie is and can't tell which Marx is which. I didn't know that Barbara Sinatra died. It will be easier now for her to keep from talking to his daughters.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure, so I'm not going to guess who's who in that photo of the four brothers.

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes, those Marx brothers! Like looking at quadruplets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago, I saw an even later photo of them (which I couldn't find for this post) that first made me notice their resemblance to each other.

      Delete
  4. They definitely look alike! Very fun to see. I'm used to brothers looking alike. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for you, the boys aren't identical triplets. That would make things even more difficult, wouldn't it?

      Delete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...