Wednesday, August 5, 2009

K.I.S.S. -- A "Theme Thursday" Post (which I sneaked in on Wednesday)

©Andy Warhol

What the hell is Andy Warhol's painting of a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup doing at the beginning of today's Theme Thursday post, you're probably wondering.

Well, as you may or may not know, today's Theme Thursday topic is "KISS."

Between friendly or romantic "lip-type" kisses, Hershey's Kisses, KISS the band... There are several ways to go here. However, in my eternal quest to be different, I chose an expression you may or may not have heard of: "K.I.S.S. -- Keep It Simple, Stupid!"

So, simply... This is an announcement of sorts that for a hopefully short duration of an as-yet-unspecified time, my internet presence will be rather limited. This includes Facebook entries and even emails, for those of you who have access to me there. The reasons are varied, and not that important in the grand scheme of things. Concentration on many things -- my myriad "duties" on the internet included -- has been kinda screwed up lately. But don't worry, I'm relatively okay. Just letting you know why my appearances have been and will continue to be "spotty" at best.

And as for the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup illustration above? That's in keeping with an internet tradition begun by Mark Evanier, author of two highly-recommended websites, POVonline and NewsFromME.

Plus, it's an added benefit that the initials of "Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup" happen to be the same as "Keep It Simple, Stupid," and...

Oh, wait. No, they aren't. They aren't at all.

I told you my concentration's been kinda screwed up lately!

Thanks for your time.

30 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm gonna have to change my intro( or did you hack my drafts? )-LOL! No, I'll leave it! You'll see what I'm on about. And we still used K.I.S.S. in the Army and at work. Ya sneak...how's your Mom doin', btw?( you can aside if you want )...

    ReplyDelete
  2. been in my thoughts Silver Fox..hope mom is doing well. sometimes the most simple messages are teh most profound. we have a tendency to make them complex, and thus lose their meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was saying "C.C.O.M.S." over in my head. You had me going there for a second, you silly.

    Hope all is well with you and yours, Mr. Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what you gotta do, and then come back.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just when I started to get to know you....go figure! Have a nice bloggy break and hope all is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come back when you can, we will be watching for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going out of town?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes life intervenes life as we know it...it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see what Subby meant now. Imagine that...I guess great minds think alike :)

    I hope you are OK silver fox! I understand you when it comes to internet presence...I haven't been present myself lately :) What can i say...it's the summer time that gets to you!

    Take care
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha! Perfect! Keep It Simple Stupid. Why didn't I think of that? nice take.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah! Excellent. My husband who is an Army veteran, when I mentioned this week's theme, immediately said "Keep It Simple, Stupid!" I thought he was insulting me until he explained.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was "keep the stupid simple"...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep it simple
    and you will find
    that stupid will not
    be far behind.
    God bless and keep you and yours well. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a big kick out of your last few lines....LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have access to you on facebook!i'm going to miss your wicked stories!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll LOVE DisneyWorld. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! SilverFox,
    You were there to wish me well...when I was feeling "blue"
    and now I'am here to give you support...as you do what you have to do too!
    Being an artist...The Warhol
    is one of my favorites artist.
    Therefore, I like the way you incorporated the word K.I.S.S. in your TT post.
    Thanks, for sharing,
    Take care!
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope everythings OK Foxy. I'm a great fan of the KISS principle. It's like common sense . . very uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sure all your internet friends will miss your presence but will be wishing you well.

    My brain's going that way too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope things realign for you soon! Take care. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A sneaky kiss then ;-) See ya whe ya get back!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm getting hungry. Let's go to Rom's, get a pizza, and watch "Apocalype Now" for the 2000th time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, yes, the good old days. (And a handful of references NO ONE ELSE will get.) Rom's is CLOSED, by the way. The new generation didn't want to run the business, so they scuttled it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What?? Rom's closed down? Dang! Hadn't heard( but sounds eerily familiar to what happened to the Fair )....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry, Kimy. "Rom's" (a restaurant) and "the Fair" (a department store) were two now-defunct businesses which operated in my area of Massachusetts. Both "subtorp77" and "skipsimpson" have known me since my pre-Blogger days; Subby lives near me, and Skip (my former writing partner) used to... so we're all familiar with those places.

    And thanks to everybody for the good wishes. The major factor tying up my time at the moment is a 91-year-old mother who's showing the strain of being that age, and her 52-year-old son -- that's me! -- who's showing the strain of devoting more and more time to her affairs.

    And then there's what I laughingly refer to as my social life...

    By the way, just for future reference, anybody who wants to track me down via Facebook can do so under my real name of David M. Lynch. (That's no secret; it's right in the copyright notice at the bottom of my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh SF that reminds me, I gotta dig out all those FAIR demo photos( let's see....ah here's the box! )

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment! Comments left for me more than three weeks after a post is published will not appear until I approve them, but they will be answered eventually!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...