Saturday, January 28, 2017

More Tributes...

January's not looking so good after all. Here's another list of brief celebrity tributes.

1. Mike Connors, 1925-2017, R.I.P.


Born Krekor Ohanian, Mike Connors' early films and TV appearances were credited to "Touch Connors." He was using Mike Connors by the time his best-known role, that of TV's Joe Mannix in the Mannix series, came along. Connors seemed to be universally liked by those who knew him and worked with him.



*  *  *  *  *

2, John Hurt, 1940-2017, R.I.P.


Actor and voice actor John Hurt, known for roles in The Elephant Man, Alien, the Harry Potter movies, and so many others, has died at the age of seventy-seven.



*  *  *  *  *

3. Barbara Hale, 1922-2017


Ms. Hale was best known for her role as Perry Mason's secretary, Della Street, in both the Perry Mason TV series and the later Mason TV movies.



*  *  *  *  *

Thanks for your time.

17 comments:

  1. After you post more dropped off, geez. haha

    Was Mike Connors in Diagnosis Murder or something else with Dick Van Dyke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Connors made a special appearance as "Joe Mannix" on Diagnosis: Murder. The full story is here.

      Delete
    2. (Click on "here" in my previous comment for the link.)

      Delete
    3. That I never knew, was oblivious too it when I saw that episode of Diagnosis murder I guess.

      Delete
  2. I used to watch Marnix and that guy got beat up more than Rockford:) it is a sad few days especially that these last 3 passed away with24 hours of each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're coming fast and furious. I used to watch Mannix as a young adolescent, on Saturday nights, IIRC.

      Delete
  3. Touch Connors? I hope that was a nickname. I loved Mannix.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a rather unfortunate nickname from high school, I believe...

      Delete
  4. 2017 looking more and more like 2016 to me, yikes! Gobbled up Perry Mason as a teen, though never had the chance to watch the TV series, worse luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm starting to see a resemblance between the two years... :(

      Delete
  5. i was very saddened about john hurt. i loved his role in harry potter and in v for vendetta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more familiar with his earlier stuff.

      Delete
  6. You're certainly going to have your hands full with celebrity death posts at this rate. I still have to catch up with some of your multi-part blog posts over the past few months. I feel like I dropped off the face of the earth for a while!

    Nice tributes to all three of these greats. I hadn't been aware that Barbara Hale had also passed away. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister just told me that Al Jarreau died...

      Delete
  7. I just bought Season One of Mannix. It hurts to see those we grew to like on TV die. Sigh. Barbara Hale, too. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I strongly urge you to sign up for follow-up comments, because I (usually) reply to your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails